Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Nightmare my journy to Obamas Utopia

Part 1

The Alarm Clock rings.With a slight whimper or actually something resembling more of a groan.

I sit up on the edge of the bed and swing my legs out until my feet touch the floor.My stomach is making rumbling noises and my head has a dull throbbing ache.

I begin to recall last night’s late meal at the local Mexican restaurant.
Was it the late night spicy food or was it the margaritas or a combination of both?

My woes are compounded by the fact I know I have to drive in to Seattle today.
What the hell do they put in the water up there any how?
Oh well just pack a lot of bottled water so I don’t have to drink it and find out.

I envision navigating through traffic and getting stuck behind some guy in his Toyota Prius driving in the far left lane 5 MPH under the speed limit or maybe getting cut off by some guy in a green 10 year old Subaru wagon with a Kerry / Edwards 04 bumper sticker on the back of it. Is this the same guy and he is just everywhere or is there more then one green Subaru wagon with a Kerry / Edwards bumper sticker on it in Seattle?

I stumble from the room doing the Frankenstein walk moaning for coffee.My wife is standing there with a steaming cup of hot coffee in her hand. With a smirk on her face she asks did we have a rough night last night. This is more of statement then a question. Before I can answer I notice the morning news is turned to MSNBC and some reporter is gushing on about how great Obama is and how he has kept unemployment under twenty percent. Huh, what twenty percent?
My hazy mind does not quite grasp it. Why are you watching this crap turn to Fox news I mumble eyes still half closed.

She breaks out in a laugh like I just told the funniest joke in the world. We don’t get offshore broadcasts she continues to giggle.Besides they are about to discuss everything Obama plans to do in his fourth term.
I stop dead in my tracks one foot raised in mid-step after a pause I reply not funny and head for the shower.Just before I hit the bathroom door I yell out turn the heat up this house is freezing.

She yells back if I do that I won’t be able to drive my car next week.What the hell does that have do with anything I wonder. Why does she always have to mess with me when I’m not feeling well?
She then yells out remember the water Czar Song! Even the school kids can sing it.
2 Minutes in the shower Rinse Soap Rinse gets you clean and keeps the planet green. Grow a pretty flower and save some water only 2 minutes in the shower.
My head is pounding I can’t take this crap anymore. I got your green planet right here I shout over my shoulder.

The hot water and steam of the shower begin to clear my head and slowly my eyes begin to open.Then a shrill noise pierces my ears. What the hell is that? Someone step on a cat?
Then I can make out the words. It’s my wife yelling. Get out you have been in there over ten minutes.You’re going to get us in trouble between your carbon footprint and your stupid posting anti-government propaganda on the Internet. We could lose our house.

My mind is racing! Alcohol laced sweat begins to seep from my pores. My ears begin to ring. What the hell is going on here? Then it hits me like a ton of bricks! Something is wrong! Something is Very, very wrong!
To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment